8.27.2010

Full Moon

Moon - 082810

I've been working on more of my photos with Moon Marie that we took while I was in New York in June.  Many of these images were harder to work with since I was using the LCD projector and I have to really work on them in the post-processing phase.

The image above was a treat and came out so well.  I played with the colors and feel it celebrates her sensual beauty.  Moon has a quiet grace, elegance, and erotic aura about her in so many of her images.

Some of the projector images of both Moon and Valya are hard to work with.  The content was disturbing to shoot and more disturbing to work with.   They are not pretty photos, they are harsh, graphic, and while not directly violent, have feelings of post violence.  They haunt me when I work on them for a few days, but they have a meaning to me that I am trying to figure out.

Once again, Moon is a true gem to work with.  Her elegance, enthusiasm, hard-work, creativity, and willingness to really push herself in every image made it a treat to create with her.  If you are in New York and need a model, work with her.

It was a full moon a few nights ago.  It was like that when I was in NYC.  Seeing it reminds me of my work with Moon and my short stay in that city.

2 comments:

  1. Karl, you work as a technician with the pain of the artist in your heart. It shows in your work. I am really proud of you. Since I've been following your blog, you have dug in and committed. No frills. Not always pretty. The real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dr. I appreciate your supportive words and you friendship.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.