6.29.2010

New Moon

Moon - 062910-1
Moon - 062910-2
Moon Marie came over on my third night in New York.  She is a great model/dancer that is moving her career from Chicago to New York City.

We tried many different settings, poses, themes and intents.  I appreciated her attention to detail, staging and direction.  After an hour, I realized I shot the first hour at the wrong ISO - 2500.  She was very agreeable to stay an extra hour to redo some of the shots.  Her professional attitude made it a pleasure to work with and her enthusiasm for trying new things made the session fun.

Moon - 062910-6
Moon was very excited to try out using the LCD projector, much like the work Candace and I created.  We tried a few new words, experimented with the Dali image, and a few new images projected on to her.  Her dancer training and both physical and mental flexibility made it rewarding to try new concepts.

Moon - 062910-3
Due to having well over 2000 images from the trip and over 400 of Moon, I have only had time to work on few of hers.  Over the next few months you will see more.  Of the shots I took at the wrong ISO, many are making gritty grainy images that have their own beauty.  A few of the ones posted today are those.

Moon - 062910-4
I highly recommend her for all who work in New York and need a great model for their art.  She is a treat to work with.
Moon - 062910-5

9 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Karl, you are so fortunate to work with Moon Marie!!! I have watched her career for some time and wanted to work with her, but it didn't work out. I think she's absolutely beautiful and amazing, and you did some excellent work with her. Actually, I like yours more than how most of the photographers shoot her. You really captured her beauty and sensuality. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My favorite is the last one in the post. Here you captured her unique ability to be sinuous and sensual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words. Moon was a gift to work with. I just got an email from her and she is excited about the images as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great images-love her work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must most certainly concur with U.L., Karl. Moon is one of the most loveliest models that I think you can work with. I haven't had that pleasure myself, but maybe one day. Excellent capture, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrell and Danny - Thanks for your comments. I agree that Moon is a gift to work with. I hope you have the pleasure of working with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moon is lovely to work with on every level, so creative, so professional, so reliable, so easy to work with, and so very lovely! PointWalkerPix at modelmayhem.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have also worked with Moon in NY and must rejoin the praises here. "Treat" says it. Treat yourself to a session with Moon Marie. You will not forget the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are fabulous pictures. She is beautiful! I really like the "power" one.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.