6.29.2009

Nowhere Man

Top of the World
Photo by SB

This is the song I awoke to this morning. How fucking depressing to wake up and have this song shape your mental state for the day.

Video

Video

He's a real nowhere man,
Sitting in his Nowhere Land,
Making all his nowhere plans
for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,
Knows not where he's going to,
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man please listen,
You don't know what you're missing,
Nowhere Man,the world is at your command!

(lead guitar)

He's as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Nowhere Man can you see me at all?

Nowhere Man, don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry,
Leave it all till somebody else
lends you a hand!

Doesn't have a point of view,
Knows not where he's going to,
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man please listen,
you don't know what your missing
Nowhere Man, the world is at your command!

He's a real Nowhere Man,
Sitting in his Nowhere Land,
Making all his nowhere plans
for nobody.
Making all his nowhere plans
for nobody.
Making all his nowhere plans
for nobody!

PHOTO NOTE: At the top of the Beartooth Pass on the Montana/Wyoming border. 10,900 feet above sea level.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely NOT a nowhere man! You are an eclectic, sexy, crazy guy who rocks the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I heard that song I was in high school in the late sixties. I loved the song. It spoke to me then and it speaks to me now. On some level we are all nowhere men, or women, lost in this world, not knowing where we are going or what we are doing. But the song also has served as an inspiration. It reminds me that I can rise above mediocrity and complacency. It reminds me that I can be somebody and that I can make a difference, even if it's just a small difference. The song is a great song that has stood the test of time, but we have a choice as to how we respond to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. L. Thank you for the boost. It made my day.

    Joe, Thank you for your insights into this song. Your comment reminds me that it is my interpretation of the song and how it applies to me that bothers me. If I change my mindset to use it as a warning of something to avoid becoming, the song is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.