1.20.2010

The Femme Fatale

Angelina Jolie
Dan Winters

In guy world there is the Ginger or Maryann question. Which would you choose from Gilligan's Island, Ginger or Maryann? If you don't know these characters, Maryanne is the wholesome and pretty farm girl. Ginger is the femme fatale. The modern version of this question, Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston?

Femme fatales are one of my weaknesses. I don't know if it is the drama, the crazy passion, the dark sultry looks, or all of these combined. What makes me, and many other men, desire these dangerous relationships? They rarely end happy. Most of the time they end with things broken, cars keyed, and reputations hurt.

My first college girlfriend was a femme fatale. That was a very short and passionate relationship with too much drama, but the time together sizzled. I haven't had one since.

I think the male version of femme fatales are the bad boys. In high school, so many of the girls I wanted to date liked the bad boys. What makes us desire femme fatales and bad boys? The danger and passion is definitely a draw. Maybe we hope we can experience living on the edge through them.

Here is a song from a diva femme fatale that I am attracted too.




v

2 comments:

  1. I like the video. Must we make a choice? Can't we have them both, depending on the circumstances? Just wondering in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe!!! What a great idea! I like to play with the Bad Boys, but I wouldn't advise marrying one. We all serve our purposes, and life is a many splendored thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.