2.23.2010

Whats it Matter

 Uscita and the woman in red 
Rome Underground

I was watching an episode of the TNT show, Men of a Certain Age.  It is a pretty good drama about three middle-aged guys.  Two characters were discussing fate and an interesting line came up, "For what its worth, in 100 years, there will be all new people."

I hadn't thought of that.  In one hundred years, everybody alive now will probably be gone.  I know I will be gone too.  In 100 years, I don't think people will discuss me, pontificate on me, or even remember me.  I am not being sad or mid-life crisis depressed.  I actually find this kind of liberating.

I can do what I want.  It will not change the world.  If I can make myself satisfied with who I am and what I do, then that is enough.  Everything else is frosting.

 The Coliseum Stop
Rome Underground

2 comments:

  1. You just summed up "The Unbearable Lightness of Being."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.