2.01.2010

When Not in Rome...

Dali and Nirvana - 020110

I am back from Rome and am still digesting the food and the experiences . I am sure it will stay with me for a while. Along the way, I had a great idea for a photo series and am working on the planning for it. Sadly, it wont have nudity.

Candace 021010

Jet lag reared its head on the way back and cost me dearly. Somewhere along the trek home, I lost my diary/idea notebook that I kept in the breast pocket of my jacket. I've carried that with me everywhere for the past two years and had almost filled it. In Rome I bought the next one I would use when I filled that one. Now the first is gone and I've had to prematurely start the second. A good many of the posts on this blog were ideas captured in that book. It is either on one of the Lufthansa flights I took or in the Munich airport. I hope whoever finds it at least looks in the envelope taped in the back. It had $40 US in it that I had stored there for my taxi cab ride on my return. I would hate for the money to go to waste along with two years of reflections on life, art, art museums, travels around Europe and the US, and little things collected along the way. Maybe having a clean slate is a good thing, but I lost many great references and memories stored in that book. The trip was worth it and I love the city and experience, even though the loss of that book really hurts.

Mollee 020110

I am back at work and am waiting for the residual jet lag to hit this afternoon. I am sure I will have more to write about and images to share over the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Karl, I have lost some of my writing as well, and I always feel a piece of me has been lost. I am so sorry - I get how you feel. And then to have had to say Arrivederci, Roma. That is also a loss. I still feel homesick for Roma sometimes.

    But welcome home! And thank you for the fabulous pictures and posts sent back to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer losing that book.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.