5.05.2010

Busy, busy, busy and bubble think.

Candace - 050510

Book club, upcoming photo class to NYC, yard work, helping others move, and life. 

Here is a great article about "bubble think" from Slate.  I recommend reading it.  I am guilty of it and need to branch out my information exposure.  This goes for art as well.  Even if I don't like something, I need to start spending more time looking at it to determine why I feel that way and articulate better than, "It sucks."  My first will be Diane Arbus's work.  Never liked it.  Now I need to figure out why.  It will make me a better photographer.


Enjoy the article.

Photo note - never get tired of finding more gems from my work with Candace.  This is a simple one, maybe even cliche, but I am happy with it.  The focus could be a little better though.

1 comment:

  1. Karl, working on a doctorate in literature, I learned a three-phase process one must undertake in forming a critical view of any work of art. You must:

    1. first ask what it does
    2. next ask how it does this
    3. and only then are you entitled to decide whether you like or not

    Usually, by the time you get to phase 3, you like it because you understand the work.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.