5.29.2010

Keepin' on the Sunny Side

New York MoMA - April 2009

Political mud slinging and grid lock, unemployment still high, banks still playing shenanigans, another former child star died too young as an adult, the great easy rider, Dennis Hopper, died, and the oil disaster in the gulf is wiping out an ecosystem.  It is getting hard to find anything to smile about, but that is what I need to do right now or I will just go deeper into that black hole.

Good things -
  • My vertigo is gone
  • Work is moving along
  • My big art project is moving along.
  • My yard's bark chipping is almost done
  • My niece graduated from college
  • I got a new 27" iMac which is much better to use for photo editing than my dimming 15" Macbook Pro
  • I gave blood
  • The moon is really pretty tonight
  • Palomar is playing on my iTunes
  • I just watched episodes of Justified and Californication  and recommend them both
  • I am getting ready for my New York trip by arranging work with a model there 
  • My wife and I are doing well
  • My truck is busy being a truck by hauling bark chip and other yard stuff
  • My 10+ year old dogs still love to play fetch and brawl with each other
  • Some friends got new jobs, including one who could  not come out as lesbian at her old one in fear of losing her job
  • A friend who has bad back pain was able to get some cortisone shots today
  • There is fresh snow in the Sierras and one or two resorts are going to reopen for the weekend

Sometimes I have to just turn off the radio, computer, tv, and stop reading the news for a little while.  It gets to be too much too fast.  I don't want to disconnect from the world, just take a break and enjoy the things that are good.

I plan to write more about Dennis Hopper later.  He was a  big role model for me.

She Still Works Hard

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad so many things are looking up for you! I look forward to your Dennis Hopper tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.