11.28.2010

psst... not bragging... but my photos are in a book... and other stuff to chat about.


Hurray! - My New York stuff is finally in a book.  My fellow photographers from the local college and I produced a book of  our June trip to New York.  We submitted six photos each for the book.  You can see some of the great photos of people I've mentioned in this blog, including, Courtney, Mollee, Ron and Andrea.  I am proud of my photos and believe my fellow contributors put in their best stuff.  Valya and Moon didn't make it,  since those photos didn't fit the theme and feel of the book, although a couple were considered.   You can read my summary of the New York trip here.  You can also read about the tough photo selection process here. 

Sorry about yesterday's rant.  I am trying to stay away from politics in this blog, but some days are tiresome.

It rained hard yesterday in my area of California.  I love seeing how the world looks on a dark rainy day through a wet windshield.  It is how the world is.

We drove to Sacramento and went to the newly renovated Crocker Art Museum.  If you went to it before the grand re-opening, it was great regional art museum that drew some impressive shows.   With the remodel, they doubled exhibit space and have an amazing series of exhibits on African and Asian art, modern and postmodern art, European classics and one of the best western US and California landscapes paintings  and sculpture collections.  It is well worth the $10 adult admission.  The Wayne Thiebaud exhibit was may favorite.

Hogs and Heifers Bar- NYC 2010

1 comment:

Please tell me what you think.