11.29.2010

Remembering Avedon

Richard Avedon - SFMoMA 2009

Dr. L wrote a great post about the nude in both fashion and art photography and how the lines have blurred.  She mentioned one of my favorite photographers, Richard Avedon.  I've written about him a bit, so I will spare you of my verbose ramblings on him, but below are a couple of great sites to visit.


The Fraenkel Gallery - This is a great sampling of Avedon's fashion photos, including  the famous Natasha Kinski/snake nude. 

Richard Avedon - Dark and Light - Here is the first of nine segments of the great documentary about Avedon. 

1 comment:

  1. Saw most of the Frankel gallery photos plus a lot more at an Avedon Exhibition at the Norton Museum in West palm Beach a few months ago. As usual, the computer screen cannot do the prints justice. It was a fabulous exhibit.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.