9.24.2009

Happy Birthday to UL and Joe!

"Away"
Photo by SB

First, if you have not visited "What We Saw Today," go now.

Second, Happy Birthday to WWST.

I discovered WWST early this year and try to follow it religiously. Trying to sum up Joe and UL's work is like describing the color blue to a blind person. You just need to visit it. I will share a few observations.

Joe's photography and writing is very inspirational for my artistic growth. His photos have a quiet sense of solitude and peace, even when they are taken in a jazz club in New Orleans. Of course I appreciate the nudes, but his photos of New Orleans, Detroit, and his sailboat are poetic beauty. Sometimes the poetic beauty is sad, but it is still beautiful. Joe's writing perfectly compliments the narrative of his photos. I hope he writes a book someday.

UL is a force of nature and spirit. She is a true renaissance woman. She embraces exploration and sensual pleasures she discovers along her path. She is smart, intelligent and wise, which very few people have all three. On top of all that, she is sexy. Her sexiness is not just her physical beauty, but her zest for the erotic sensual pleasures from simple to grand.

One of my life goals is traveling to meet these two. Until then, I will visit them in their corner of the blog world.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your blog and you - how could I not? we are both sensual people.

    Thank you so much for your beautiful words. Joe is in the midst of getting a book ready to publish, btw. How perceptive of you to anticipate that! But you are perceptive and just described Joe to a T. You kind of hit it for me, too. In the early 1990s I was awarded a grant to write an essay about "Why I Have Always Wanted to Be A Renaissance Woman."

    You're pretty smart, intelligent, and wise yourself. The sensual goes without saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, SB. It's gratifying to know that the work we do somehow matters. You are a gifted writer and photographer in your own right.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.