9.14.2010

Hear Me Roar

Not Good Enough   - Candace Nirvana 2009

It is time to start a new thing.  It is time for a new blog.

A few weeks ago I almost burned down this blog, the Photo Fermata.  I was very frustrated with it and where it was going.  I wrote a great big good bye post.  I even set it up that after that, the blog would be all black with just photos and text.  I wanted to burn down my tree in the pixel forest and leave its burned out hulk as all that was left of it.  I also started planning a new blog that would explore things that I didn't feel fit into this one.   From that inspiration, I created my new blog, Hear Me Roar.

Before you go off and click on that link, I suggest you read the first post to it by clicking on this link.  Here is the intro to the new blog that I wrote in the first post over there.

Through out history the role of man in terms of gender, identity, roles, entitlements, crime, power, survival, sexuality, and many other areas continues to evolve and change to meet the standards and culture of the day.  Overall, I am a much different man than my great grandfather due to cultural changes and personal choices.  Even though I am my own modern man and am not completely the same as men in the past, I believe there are core rules, beliefs, and wired-in truths for men.


What is a real man?  I can be full of bullshit, but it is impossible to answer that question in one post.  That is the purpose of this new blog, Hear Me Roar.  It is my exploration of masculinity, musculism, the male role in gender, male sexuality and male stereotypes and generalizations.  This blog will be a sounding board and experimental forum for my future work during my MFA program.
 As you can see, that is a topic I've mentioned here and there in this blog, but have not really gone too deep into.  It will not be a pretty blog.  I plan to look at the the beauty and the ugly of men, masculinity and what we are.  It will be graphic and crude at times through exploration, exposition and even exploitation of various things.  It will not always be a shock ride, because that would be a disservice to men.

I encourage you to give it a read.  Not all things I put there reflect my belief unless I state otherwise.  I put those things there to expose all thoughts on the modern man and let you think about what is true and false, right or wrong.   I encourage comment, debate, and argument.  Tell me if what I put is bullshit or truth or something in between.

I don't expect anyone who reads the Photo Fermata to become followers.  You were attracted to this blog for a reason and Hear Me Roar is not this blog.

What is the future of the Photo Fermata?
I enthusiastically plan to continue this blog.  This blog focuses on art and life and how I see things through my camera.  I still love this blog and appreciate all the followers and commentators.  I need this blog as an outlet and inspiration for my photography.  This blog is not going away until I feel it has lived its life and needs to be shut down.  Today is not that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.