9.11.2010

Nine years past September 11th

Is there ever redemption?
I don't call it 9/11 or 911.  Those are models of Porsches or the emergency phone number.  For me, it is September 11th.  I was going to work in San Francisco that morning.  By the time I was crossing the Bay Bridge, the first tower had collapsed and the call had gone out to land all planes.  The skies over the city were filled with airliners waiting to land at Oakland or San Francisco.  We were scared crossing the bridge, not knowing what could be targets.  It is important to remember that three of those flights were headed to SF.

I found this video a few months ago and chose to share it here.  It is important to see an image of what the towers were like before the carnage.  We all remember what they looked like that day as they burned and fell.

I have no profound words, just sadness.

Photo note - Taken across the street from Ground Zero in June.

3 comments:

  1. I just hope next year when they do a 10th year remembrance that its not so overshadowed by controversial issues like this was. The whole mosque building near ground zero and the Koran-burning freak in FL. It seemed like too much attention-seeking to me. Maybe next year we can actually focus on the victims, its affect on America, and where we've come since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reflection, Karl. And thanks for your words, T. That guy in Fla. capitalized on a tragedy to get himself 15 minutes of fame. The jerk got on a talk show yesterday! Watch him make the rounds...or maybe the media will finally "get it" and keep him off the air.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.