2.17.2009

What the Fuck????

Katie 2 Au Natural
By SB

I just got a comment on my post about Katie. Some anonymous cowardly hack wrote:

"She needs to get a razor. Yuck!"

I almost didn't publish it because of how disrespectful it was to Katie. I decided to publish it because this type of ignorance / stupidity / ... grrr. I am running out of adjectives I am so mad. I understand if you have a critique about my photo, (too dark, too light, lousy composition, wrong model for the setting, bad exposure, wrong media, etc.) but what the fuck are you getting at?

Is your view of beauty only limited to women of Maxim and Playboy that do not have an extra hair anywhere and where they have hair, it is in the absolute perfect place?? While I appreciate those types of photos, they are not the only types of beauty in this world. You are missing out on seeing so many beautiful people if you feel this is the only type of beauty.

I think the trend for women to be completely shaven is one of choice. While it is the current trend, I find great beauty in shaven women as well as "natural" women. When did we get so narrow minded?? I am so pissed right now. I am going to go for a walk after posting this.

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is YAY for you!!! When I lived in Rome, I quit shaving my legs. When I came back to the USA, I kept them furry. Men loved it. But the women I taught began to snicker and point and talk about me. There's a certain PR involved in teacher/student relationships, and I finally caved.

    Then I noticed there were pubic hair fad fashions among models. I got the landing strip, I got the Brazilian (never again!), and now I am growing it all out. Tina Modotti's image (recently posted at Univers d'Artistes) reminded me that the first nude models in photography had bushy bushes. Because it was about nature, about being natural, about being proud of your nude body with all its hair.

    I want my hair back, and it's growing!

    Good for you! Stay pissed! This is yet another way to control women's bodies, and I refuse to cooperate. YAY for Katie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and comments. I support your trying new things and being open to them as well as going "back to nature" as well. We should celebrate all of the Universe's beauty, not just the narrowly defined and impossible to reach beauty forced upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. it is a day later and I am still pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people see with a programmed eye and not an artist's eye. They only see beauty in things they've been told are beautiful. Creativity and imagination don't exist in large numbers of humans. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nice to hear from others who have had a similar experience.

    Us gorilla girls should celebrate our uniqueness ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.