3.09.2010

Getting to know you... um... I mean me.

 41

To paraphrase the Beatles, "I heard it was my birthday."  41.  It is a quiet birthday filled with warm wishes from many friends.  Thanks to all in blog world and Facebook who sent birthday messages.  I also want to thank UL from What We Saw Today for her birthday wishes on that fine blog.

Candace - 030910
A birthday gift to me with this photo... I love it

In honor of me, (feels kind of selfish, but its my birthday so I don't feel too bad)  here are my answers to my questionnaire. 
    1. What is your favorite word? Sensual
    2. What is your least favorite word? Hopeless
    3. What turns you on? Getting to use all five senses.
    4. What turns you off? Arrogance - nobody is that good.
    5. What sound or noise do you love? A romantic moan or the wind rushing through trees. They are equal. Interesting how both involve the movement of air in a special way.
    6. What sound or noise do you hate? Mosquito buzzing by my ear while trying to sleep in my tent.
    7. What is your favorite curse word? Ah fuck me...
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Photography teacher
    9. What profession would you not like to do? Crime scene clean up.
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Surprised?"
    11. What is your idea of perfect happiness? A simple trip (anywhere in the world) with a sensual beauty who loves being on both sides of a camera.
    12. What is your greatest fear? Not doing what I need to do in this life.
    13. Which historical figure do you most identify with? The composer Percy Granger. Everybody thought one thing about him based on his public life, but he lived a completely separate one in private.
    14. Which living person do you most admire? Virgin empire founder, Richard Branson. He has grabbed life by the balls and is living a rich life that is pretty damn responsible as well.
    15. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Starting too many things and not finishing enough of them.
    16. What is the trait you most deplore in others? People who only see complex issues in black and white or right and wrong.
    17. What is your greatest extravagance? Cameras, a Hasselblad and a Nikon D700 and all their peripheral equipment are my latest ones, but I do use them heavily.
    18. On what occasion do you lie? When it would spare someone's feelings or when the lie will not hurt anyone and is more expedient than dealing with the truth.
    19. What do you dislike most about your appearance? I am not fixated on it too much, maybe a little less weight, a little more hair... actually I would like a better wardrobe.
    20. When and where were you happiest? Watching the aurora borealis outside of my Billings, MT home when I was a kid. They usually appeared early on the coldest mornings. My mom would wake everyone up to go see them. The silence of them dancing in the northern sky with their green shimmers still gives me peace.
    21. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I'd be a bit more determined on the harder things.
    22. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Instilling the desire to go for it and to appreciate that desire in others.
    23. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Haven't created it yet and don't give a damn if I do. Once you have created that, what else is there to do with life.
    24. If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would be? As either a woman or a tree in a park. Both would give me enlightenment on what life means.
    25. What is your most treasured possession? My senses.
    26. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Hopelessness induced by other humans.
    27. Who are your heroes in real life? Dr. L, Z, Mrs, Joe, Beth, Terrell, my wife, and Renee.
    28. What is it that you most dislike? Having to entertain large groups that I don't really have an interest in for multiple days.
    29. How would you like to die? Without knowing it happened.
    30. What is your motto? Heh... how about that. (As a statement, not a questions). NOTE I typed this a few weeks ago. Since that time, my new motto is, "In 100 years there will be all new people." We need to live our lives with keeping that in mind.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent idea to interview yourself on your birthday, and I am honored to be listed among your heroes, absolutely honored! Such good company, too!

    I am sure your birthday was wonderful, and you will have a great 41st year with such a good beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am positive you will use your forties better than I did. Happy Birthday, again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed the day - So a belated Happy Birthday.

    D.L. Wood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday wishes. Good interview.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.