3.06.2010

The Big Sky State

Evening in Lavina, MT
Alpha

I was not born there, but I grew up there not far from where this photo was taken.

I've been in correspondence with Joe from What We Saw Today.  We both shared some memories of Montana and places we both visited.  It got me to thinking of the Big Sky State.

I have just about every emotion and feeling for that state.  I love it, hate it, fear it, miss it, adore it, envy it, lust for it, and have been hurt by it.  These feelings are for both the people and the land.

I am in love with Montana . . . Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans."    Norman Maclean - A River Runs Through It
Here are a few of my photos of it. 

Top of the World


My Life
Duck Lake Road - Rocky Mountain Front - Montana
Evening at Many Glacier - Glacier National Park


 
Sunset on the Cold Yellowstone


Dusk and Seeley Swan Range


Bear Grass - Glacier National Park



Logan Pass - Glacier National Park


A Little Too Comfortable with People - Marmot


 
Glacial Grandeur

  
Evening in Lavina Fading to Black
Omega


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning photographs, Karl. Wish I lived in Montana. I live in Big Sky Country in the U.K. No mountains, so not nearly as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stuff Karl. The images bring back memories of two great trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Karl...more formally celebrated here http://drlightness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.