4.24.2009

Do You Remember That Time...

Photo uncredited

when we held each other
all night while the thunder and
lightning rolled over?

when you called me at
work - your mom was killed at home
her friend found her there?

when you convinced me
to skip work, get ice cream and
make love all through the day?

when our beautiful
dog died in our loving arms
we cried and mourned?

when we first shook hands
our clasped hands holding on
a few seconds more?

you took me in your
mouth - so sensual, so good
to the loving end?

when we almost died
our truck sliding on ice
head-on to the cliff?

my fingers explored
all curves, lines and gateways
to open your pleasures?

when my cousin Sarah
hit on you, you said "no" though
you wanted to say "yes"?

when we fell asleep
me still in you so deep
our scents blended like us?

when I came home late
my lame lie straining to live
you knew, you said nothing?

when we first made love
shorter than this haiku
next time... much better?

you went to Norway
with your love, Michelle, a deep secret
now in the light?

we both said, "I do"
it did not mean the same thing
as the vow, "I will"?


This was inspired by the song That Time by Regina Spektor
Here is a live version of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.