4.17.2009

Some recent mentions in other blogs

Thoughts
Photo by SB

This week was a busy one for my blog, even though I did not write that much. A few other great blogs mentioned mine and I really appreciate it.

First, I want to thank Gatochy's Blog for reminding me of a post I wrote where I was not bitching about 2257. It was one where I talk about my parents' healthy sex lives. I am glad others have a connection to the book The Joy of Sex and remember the pencil drawings in them. I highly recommend you visit her blog. It has a wonderful and diverse feel to it that ties together into a sensual and intelligent package.

Second, I want to thank Z at Any Fucking Day for alerting me to Gatochy's post. Z is a good guy and writes a blog that is rich, deep, and well written. I appreciate his deep thoughts on how his life and art are growing and his struggles to do them. His photos ofhis surroundings and of the Mrs. go well with his writings.

Third, I want to thank Stephen Haynes at Magic Flute Fine Art Nudes for mentioning my post on my recent trip through the Salt Lake City airport. Stephen is a first class photographer and wrote a great book on 2257 and the photographer. After my travels this month, I am going to order it and get my documents into correct order, set up a robust records system and then go and shoot me some nudes! Seriously though, I recommend you visit his site and check out his book. His photos are writings are beautiful and educational.

Finally, I want to thank Dr. L and Joe at What We Saw Today. Joe is another first-class photographer who has a deep and loving soul for his family, his work, his boat, his city, and many other personal things. Dr. L is the sunshine that makes my day. Her photos are sexy, sensual, erotic, artistic, fun, funny, and show her great creativity in front of the camera. While her photos are great, her writing is the hook. She has a deep fountain of wisdom, intelligence, kindness, elegance and sensuality that rewards the reader at all levels.

To quote a song John Lennon wrote for Ringo to sing,
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends






Note about the photo. I posted it at an online photo site that highly encourages critiques of the photo. One person criticized the folds in her neck. Personally I love them. It is a natural pose, not a Maxim photo of unrealistic beauty. I am not happy about the quality of light and cropping, which are photographer's errors.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your friends. You made my day - or maybe my year!

    I come to read you every day because you are also sexy, sensual, erotic, artistic, and fun. But mostly because you are sexy and sensual. I think my first comment here was on a post about sex. That's always the hook for me, that and well-written, intelligent, thought provoking prose, which is what I find here.

    Thank you so much, SB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention. We always look forward to your posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello SB, many thanks for your kind words! I too think photos look better natural, not photoshopped. It brings us closer to the model. "Perfect" images of "perfect" human beings are too conceptual, whereas real photos of real bodies are intimate, and that's the kind of feeling one gets from your art. It's really special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the topic of Gatochy's mention and Blogger's content warning...

    I'd like to work with you and other bloggers to reform Blogger's flawed content warning interstitial.

    Please consider voting 'Yes' to reform the content warning here:


    More info here:

    Spread the word to your readers if you can.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.