4.05.2009

For better or for worse...



For better or for worse,
In sickness and health.

First, I am feeling better. I am still coughing a bit, but my energy is back and I finished my antibiotics. My mood is better because the mute button is off! Today is the first day I've been able to sit down and write.

This month is a crazy one for me. Yesterday, I photographed a friend's wedding. Next week, I am flying to New York to attend (but not photograph, thank God) another wedding. The week after that I am flying out to Washington DC for a conference.

Last Thursday, I returned to work while still having the "MUTE" button on. By Friday, my voice was almost back, just had no endurance. Yesterday, I drove down to Fresno for the wedding.

It was a pretty day. The groom was handsome, the bride was truly beautiful. Most of the families behaved and old family issues stayed barely below the surface.

This is the third wedding I've photographed. All were free. What did I learn from photographing a wedding?

1. Have a plan and shoot list, but be ready to bend it, break it, and then return to it.
2. Have batteries, memory cards or film, lots of them.
3. Try not to flirt with the women... too much.
4. Do not photograph weddings for money, unless you are good at it and really love it. Unfortunately, neither are true for me.

So, this last week of mine is aptly named, For better or for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.