4.13.2009

NYC

Just a few words from the road. I went to the Museum of Modern Art. My eyes hurt from seeing so much amazing art.

This is my first trip to NYC and here are some observations.

1. The traffic was pretty easy (non rush hour times) and the drivers were relatively courteous.
2. The people were nice... and always heading to some place else.
3. I really liked seeing the two Yankee Stadiums.
4. A sunny day in NYC is as beautiful as a sunny day in SF.
5. SF and NYC are very, very different.
6. Jackson Pollack's paintings make sense when viewing an original. I got lost in one for a good 20 minutes and felt like I had been on a self-actualizing voyage along the way. The same happens when I view a Rothko.
7. NYC people dress to a higher and more polished level than the relaxed SF folks.
8. NYC women are so damn sexy
9. The guys aren't bad either.
10. NY pizza feeds the soul in the right atmoshphere.
11. Everything is so damn close to each other here. I ask a local family member any question about distance and they will say, "that is about 10 minutes past X."
12. TBC

2 comments:

  1. I love NYC. Go there every October. We have two adult children living in NYC. Great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Gatochy feature!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.