10.01.2009

Catching up and a Special Video

PJ Harvey and Nick Cave - Henry Lee
Photo by Rocky Schenck

I am catching up on others' blogs. So much rich content over at AFD and WWST over the past week. I have a few more favorite blogs to visit before I am caught up.

Last night in my portrait photography course, my instructor showed us the still and video work of Rocky Schenk. Here is his site. He had us watch a black and white music video Schenk created with Nick Cave and PJ Harvey. It is very erotic, loving, affectionate, and the visual message contrasts the message of the song and then blends with it showing opposites flowing into accents. Watch the rhythm and flow of the camera work and the natural fluid affection these two have while singing to each other.

Sadly I can not embed this video into this post. Go to this link and click on the little black and white photo entitled "NICK CAVE & PJ HARVEY - henry lee"
to watch it. Imagine every individual moment in a still photograph. I am amazed they did this all in one take.

1 comment:

  1. Just as erotic is another video there with Nick Cave - "Where the wild Rose Grows." Thank you for introducing me to this singer and the other artists! The difference between these two videos seems to me the difference between color and b/w photography. For me, it's a draw!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.