10.04.2010

Clip Show

Not good  enough for consideration, even if it was in Black and White. - Candace

We are ending the summer television drought.  The reruns are disappearing and the new season is beginning.  Dr. L wrote a fun piece about crime shows over at WWST.

I just wrote a post about being demonized for being a sexual male over at Hear Me Roar.  I highly recommend you read the editorial I reference in the post, Why Do We Demonize Men Who Are Honest About Their Sexual Needs?  by Clarisse Thorn.   It explains my point far better than I did.

As for this blog, I am working on the fall (for me) of a photographic god, building a new art community, and my continued studies in photography.  They should be spilling out pretty soon.

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours.  ~James Lalropui Keivom
Doesn't that pretty much sum up life as well?  When I am on my deathbed, I won't remember the decades of detritus, I will remember the those bits of life that made it mean something.  Why should photography be any different?


When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes.  But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!  ~Ted Grant
I disagree.  I could say that when you photograph a person in B&W, you photograph their shape, texture and contours.  When you photograph someone in color, you photograph the life they put into their shape texture and contours.  Someone I know thinks black and white nudes can be art, but color ones can't.  I think these people have their preferences and can live with them.  Their preferences shouldn't be the only preferences for all.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard this many times: Someone I know thinks black and white nudes can be art, but color ones can't.

    How ridiculous. I suppose all the great masters of oil painting produced lesser art than those who did pen and ink drawings???

    Each has its own value, independent of the other, and IMO neither color nor b/w is superior. It depends on the intent and the image.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.