12.12.2010

Feel like drinking.

Hogs and Heifers Bar- NYC 2010

It's been a long weekend and I feel the need to obliterate it with some alcohol.  Not all was bad, or good, but it has been intense.  Right now, I would give my last dollar to saddle up on a bar stool in this bar, pour a tall one on two ice cubes, and stare at the bottles on the wall for meaning.

On a different note.  I am almost the same age as Elvis when he died at 42.  I am about to the age where I am older than all of those that dies too young.   MLK was 39.  RFK - 42.  JFK 36.  It wont be long before I start seeing friends dying and not being shocked that it happened at this age. 

Until then, I am understanding what Elvis was singing about in this classic.  I appreciate his voice and talent more as I grow older and soon, I hope but shouldn't assume, I will have outlived him.




A much lighter version of it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the video tribute to Elvis Presley. His heart and soul have touched me for decades. It's interesting you thought about your age in this context today. I just posted on age and numbers, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.