12.06.2010

Congrats to Carla

Campo di Fiori Statue

Blog friend Carla, aka UL and Dr.L, has outed her identity.  So many of us in this area of art and culture hide behind aliases because we are afraid of what may happen if certain groups in our public lives knew of what we created and thought.

Last year I shared my first name, Karl.  In that post, Carla wrote a beautiful and true comment.
Good for you!! I wish I could do the same. It is a disgrace we have to fear exposure as creators of fine art nudes. No, it is not a disease, but it is a passion. 
Today, Dr. Carla Johnson went all in and showed her cards to those who tried to leverage her anonymity.  I think she won that hand magnificently.

Earlier this year I interviewed her for this blog.  Please take a moment to read it and get to know her a little better.  I also recommend reading her fine blog.  She is a true sensual beauty, inside and out.

Piazza Navone
Photo notes - Carla was an inspirational guide to Rome.  I retraced some of her steps and got to know her better through it.  Here are links ( Part 1 - Part 2) to my post about walking in her footsteps.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Karl, I would so love to be at Piazza Navone right now! Thank you for this post and for taking my tour and photographing it. What a treasure you are!

    I hope all my dear artist friends will be able at some time to do what I did today. It has been an awful burden to live as though I had something terrible to hide when in fact I was actually very proud of everything hidden behind the pseudonym.

    Karl of the Eternal City, you have been an Eternal support. And I thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.