12.15.2010

Two years on...

Valya - 121510

This blog is a toddler.  It is starting to walk on its own and speak simple thoughts.  Since December 15, 2008, this blog has:
  • been reborn not once, but twice and been renamed three or four times.
  • 371 published posts still accessible
  • 60 published posts deleted due to self censorship, poor writing, culling, and other issues
  • 123 draft posts that were never published
  • 15,070 visits
  • 50,558 pages visited
  • an average reader spending 2 minutes and 33 seconds per visit.
  • visitors from 114 countries
  • one evil offspring/brother blog, Hear Me Roar. - A stuttering attempt at validating, defending, and defining masculinity.
  • are you bored yet with the "greatness"stats???  I am.

I read last years post, One year on and got bored in the first few paragraphs.  I wrote last year about all the changes in substance, style, yada yada yada.    I am not as sentimental about this blog now as I was a year ago. 

Moi, but I've changed since then
My art has changed in the past year.  I've given up the notion that I want to be another Edward Weston, Ruth Bernhard, or Imogen Cunningham.  You can read more about that here.  I am more interested in mixing it up with a sprinkle of those giants, a bit of Robert Frank, a dash of Bob Guccione (RIP) and lots of my own psyche.  I am less into celebrating the aesthetic art of the form and more into what the context of the moment means.

My two highlights for the year were trips to Rome and New York City.  In Rome I found my spirit.  In New York I found my soul.  Both changed me forever.

Over the years I've made friends along the way, interviewed a few of them, and savored the comments they shared.  Thanks to Carla, Joe, Terrell, Valya, Alex, Z,  and many others.

So, enough rambles.  Here are my favorite photos of 2010.  You may disagree, but all of these are personal, beautiful, and somehow changed me.  Some more than others, but they were important.  Thanks to locations for being open to me.  Thanks to the models for opening themselves to me.

Hit the Road Jack - 

Rome 




Wells, Nevada



 Joshua Tree National Park



 New York City




 




Las Vegas, NV



California Delta and Foothills 





Models, muses, beauty, and truth





























Courtney







 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great idea!!! We should all put up our Greatness Stats. I am in a Number Phase anyway.

    Great post, Karl, and keep up the Great Stats and Great Blogs. You never cease to inspire!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.