11.15.2009

Two Tries, Same Message

Woven
Photo by Karl

Version 1
I know that you

don't want to accept, but you
obviously can't un-ring the bell
needlessly done
through my exposure

cautiously we
avoid the
reality of the
erotic nature of it all

it hurts to see things that make you
feel these are perpetuating unreal expectations

you feel excluded yet
only you can decide
ultimately whether to accept yourself

reality is that we
each think we
are much
deeper than the other

too bad though our
history makes you mistrust the
identity I try to push
through my shutter.



Version 2
I really feel that you
don't want to view, but I
care enough that it hurts you.

If all this is objectifying and perpetuating things
you despise, you may
read and see things that alienate.

This is your choice for yourself to accept or denounce, for I continue.


__________________

Thanks Arnie for the idea. You deserve more credit.
(Selfish writing day)

One of the few pieces of music that makes me cry.


,.

1 comment:

  1. Re Barber's "Adagio," me too. More so because in my mind it is indelibly associated with that achingly powerful scene in "Platoon."

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.