7.18.2009

A Parade to Enjoy

Critical Tits 1

I just read Z's blog at Any Fucking Day about the horror of going to Independence Day parades. I wont go into why I hate them because Z sums it better than I could. The only part I like are watching the marching bands, but they are not worth it.

There are a few parades I like going to. A few years ago I went to the Pride Parade in SF. Pride week celebrates and promotes the causes of gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals. It is also a hell of a parade.
Pride Parade - Photographer Unknown, Source- SF Examiner

The floats can be preachy, but they are causes I support. The floats can be controversial and it is OK to disagree with them. If you disagree with message of a religious and patriotic float on July 4th, you are a commie.

Most of all, the pride parade is fun to watch. If you don't like it, don't go to it. I don't judge you. If you mention you don't like a July 4th parade, you are a commie.

My favorite parade takes place at the alternative art event called Burning Man. It is based off the theme of an SF event called Critical Mass. Critical Mass takes place monthly and is a group of hundreds or more bicyclists riding around SF emphasizing the importance of environment, bike riding access, and other bicycle issues. Burning Man takes a tongue-in-cheek approach to it and holds, "Critical Tits."

"Critical Tits" takes place in the late afternoon on Friday of the week-long event. For those who don't know about Burning Man, nudity is very common. You had better get used to seeing men and women nude, but Critical Tits takes it to another level. Thousands of women form a bicycle parade either topless or in costumes that accentuate their breasts. It can take 30 minutes for all the riders to go by. You get to see every type, shape, color, and size of breast celebrated, accentuated, painted, and looking beautiful during those 30 minutes. Now that is a parade.
Title and photographer unknown

3 comments:

  1. I like your parades better than mine. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Where do YOU live? Won't see Critical Tits in public view in the good ole Midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To see Critical Tits you have to drive 100 miles north of Reno into the Black Rock Desert. It was worth the trek.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.