7.31.2009

Artists in their Studios

Kind of in a quiet mood still. I think finishing the class took the wind out of me for a bit. I am looking for my next inspiration while my batteries recharge.

I found this little bit of inspiration from Slate's daily Magnum Photos series. The theme is "Artists in Their Studios." I am often inspired by visiting others' studios. I can feel the energy of the artist by seeing how it is set up, what is splattered, what is neat, and how they capture the light in the room. Sometimes the energy is quiet, other times rambunctious. You can tell a lot about the artist by the studio. Some studios show arrogance while others show despair.

Enjoy the 24 photos. The last one is disturbing when you see the reflections in the window and then what is sitting on top of them. Foreshadowing, I guess.

HERE is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.